Thursday, December 25, 2008

So, I got a digital camera for Christmas, which means that I was able to update my Ravelry page (yay! add me - I'm fancysimages) and take picture of finished Christmas presents. Yes, I took the pictures after they were unwrapped. First, my mom's blanket, rejoined and blocked to look fabulous. My mom loved it.


Second, my dad's hat and scarf set. Both parts were improvised and I must say that I am very happy with how they came out. I may make another hat for myself, but definitely using just one color and probably the back loop only method to give it some texture. He also loved it, but he said it was too warm to wear inside, which means it will be perfect for outside. Yay!


Last, my sister's blanket. I finished this late Tuesday night and didn't have time to block it. (We celebrate on Christmas Eve. A walk, a big dinner, then presents. Whee!). She really liked it, but I'm gonna have to take it back from her for a little bit to get rid of the wonkiness in the middle. Oh and it's not small - that Astronomica book in the picture is huge. It's probably more than a foot and a half tall, and it's heavy too.


As for me, I got the camera, a Wii Fit, some clothes, a crochet book, a knit and crochet book, a trilogy illustrated by Edward Gorey, an M&M watch, a wonderful cook/scrap book that my mom made for me that contains traditional Rusyn recipes (both in Slovak and in English) and photos of my family (great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, and us.), and a beautiful hand woven scarf that my sister made for me. It was a good Christmas. Everyone was happy and it was great to be together.

No comments: