Saturday, May 3, 2008

WIP #1



This is my work in progress that I'm working on the most. It's a blanket in Vanna's Choice that I'm making for my sister for Christmas (yes, it's a little bit early). The pattern can be found online at lionbrand.com or in Vanna White's book, Color It Beautiful Afghans. I used different colors, because I felt they suit my sister better. The only problem I have found with the pattern, is that the "adult size" isn't quite big enough, so the project is at a bit of a smaller side right now. We'll see how the final thing looks, though, because there's still a border that's going to go on either side.

Tonka.

2 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Hey Tonka, I was cruising through some website...can't remember which one...and clicked on your name from the comment section. What a nice surprise to find your blog! UMass Amherst Marching Minutemen ROCK!

Anyway, I love your zig-zag afghan! You do a very nice job. I know your sister will love it too and will cherish it for years to come.

I have one made by my grandmother close to 40 years ago and we still use it and love it!

Keep up the good work!

MGM
www.HookedOnNeedles.com

Pamela said...

I know you made this post a long time ago but I wanted to tell you how handsome I think this afghan is, the colors are just beautiful and the work is excellent.